Forum AE Katowice

Pełna wersja: TORONTO – On Tuesday night, Jose Reyes extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a
Aktualnie przeglądasz uproszczoną wersję forum. Kliknij tutaj, by zobaczyć wersję z pełnym formatowaniem.
TORONTO – On Tuesday night, Jose Reyes extended his hitting streak to 10 games with an infield single off of Rays starter Alex Cobb. Chris Tillman Jersey . For the first time in his tenure with the Blue Jays, the superstar shortstop is healthy and wreaking havoc on the bases. Hes once again the catalyst that made him famous - not to mention rich - and a current teammate who watched Reyes up close while with the Mets likes what hes seeing. “I think its just really a matter of health for him, but as far as what hes showing it is very similar to the guy that won the batting title the year that I was with him in New York,” knuckleballer R.A. Dickey told TSN.ca. The year to which Dickey is referring is 2011, Reyess last of nine seasons with the club that signed him as a 16-year-old amateur free agent in 1999. Reyes hit .337/.384/.493, career bests to this day. He walked more times that year (43) than he struck out (41), which has happened only one other time. It could occur again this season; so far Reyes has taken 15 free passes and whiffed 15 times. Reyes already has 11 stolen bases, only four shy of his injury-plagued 2013 total. Hes been caught stealing only once. With Melky Cabrera hitting behind Reyes, manager John Gibbons has executed the hit-and-run and Cabreras found the holes created by the defence. “The thing that I thought made him so special was there were so many different ways that he could impact a game in New York,” said Dickey. “Last year he was limited with his ankle injury and you didnt really get to see what he was capable of doing at all, really, because when he came back he was still kind of limping around.” The Blue Jays have been at or near the top of baseball in key offensive statistics like home runs (76 – 1st), slugging percentage (.450 – 2nd), on-base plus slugging (.781 – 2nd) and walks (179 – 6th). Theyve been creeping up the ladder in on-base percentage and now sit fourth in the majors (.331). “The genesis of any good team is guys with good on-base percentage,” said Dickey. “I think what were seeing this year that we might not have had much consistency with last year is that factor. Guys are getting on base. Pillar, Gose, Tollesons a big pick up the way hes playing. Melkys on base all the time.” Dickey, the pitcher, then offers a thought on what it must be like to be a mound opponent of the Blue Jays these days. “The less breaths that youre allowed to take, the harder the outing,” said Dickey. “Really, in our lineup the way that its going, you have to hold your breath the whole game and thats tough on a starter because you constantly have to execute pitch after pitch after pitch after pitch and youre not really allowed to have a lapse. When you feel like you cant have a lapse, or else, it can influence other pitches.” RASMUS REHAB PLAN Colby Rasmus, on the disabled list since May 13 with tightness in his right hamstring, would prefer to avoid a minor-league rehabilitation assignment and get right back into the Blue Jays line-up when hes activated. The sentiment isnt shared by his skipper. “He needs to go down and play,” said manager John Gibbons. “Hes been doing some running and things like that. The trainers, they usually come to me when hes about ready and we put a game plan together. But, yeah, he needs to go down and play some games.” The Blue Jays are enthused about the platoon combination of Anthony Gose and Kevin Pillar the club has employed since Rasmus got hurt. Entering Tuesdays action, in the 13 games Rasmus has missed, the Jays have gone 11-2. Goses speed has created runs on offence and hes often made difficult plays look routine in centre field. Cal Ripken Jersey . On Thursday theyll learn even more. Despite the cloud of uncertainty that has followed them around from the moment general manager Masai Ujiri was brought in to put his stamp on the franchise, the Raptors have surpassed all pre-season expectations. Jonathan Schoop Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Im sure youve received many emails wondering what your take is on the Spezza goal that looked like Neil blatantly kicked it in while standing directly in the middle of the crease where, you know, usually a goalie is to make a save but couldnt be due to Neil being there! Thanks! Jon - Westfield, MA Jon: Lets first ask Henrik Lundqvist what he thought of the scoring of the Sens second goal with . http://www.oriolesapparelsshop.com/chris...ersey-c-8/ . -- Kansas City Royals right-hander Luke Hochevar will have Tommy John surgery that will sideline the pitcher for the season. TORONTO -- After watching Paul Rangers head hit the glass, Toronto Maple Leafs players witnessed their teammate getting wheeled off the ice at Air Canada Centre on a stretcher. Before finding out that the veteran defenceman was "stable, conscious and alert" at a local hospital, the Leafs were left helpless to worry at the first intermission. "Its not a good feeling," winger Joffrey Lupul said. "He obviously didnt look great when he was leaving the ice. So youre trying to clear your head and focus on the next period. But you cant lie -- obviously part of you is wondering whats going on with him." Ranger suffered the injury with 4.1 seconds left in the first period when he was boarded by Tampa Bay Lightning forward Alex Killorn. It looked like the 29-year-old turned at the last second before Killorn finished his check, and then Rangers head made a violent collision with the glass and he went down to the ice. From Leafs goalie James Reimer to Lightning coach Jon Cooper, there seemed to a consensus that Killorn was not trying to injure Ranger on the play. "Its kind of a scary moment, one of those plays where I commit to hit someone without knowing if they are going to turn, so its just an unfortunate play," said Killorn, who added that he left Ranger a voice-mail message. "He kind of, as Im going in to hit him, makes a quick turn play and Im already committed at that point. Im trying to think of what else I could have done, in my head you look back to prevent that, but its just a tough, quick-bang play." Killorn was given a five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct that the Leafs were not able to score on. It was expected that the NHLs department of player safety would take a look at the play, though that is standard procedure, especially when that kind of punishment is handed out on the ice. Any further discipline for Killorn was certainly not a prevalent post-game topic after the Lightnings 5-3 victory over the Leafs. Instead, there was concern over Rangers condition. Ranger was down on the ice for roughly seven minutes as medical personnel broought out a stretcher and officials decided to play the final few seconds of the first period at the start of the second. Kevin Gausman Jersey. Leafs players huddled around close to end boards where he went down, while Lightning players Ryan Malone, Teddy Purcell, Mike Kostka and Nate Thompson remained on the ice and watched from afar. "When that stretcher comes out thats, I think, a whole nother level when you realize the severity of it," Leafs winger Mason Raymond said. "Obviously were just hoping the best for him right now." Tampa Bay captain Steven Stamkos, who had a hat trick in his seventh game back after missing four months with a broken leg, expressed empathy but saw no malicious intent on Killorns part. "Those are the plays we are trying to get rid of -- its such a bang-bang play, obviously Killer didnt mean to do it," Stamkos said. Toronto defenceman Tim Gleason, who was on the ice with Ranger when the incident occurred, said a similar thing happened to him during the pre-season when he suffered a concussion. "It probably doesnt look like much, but all it takes is a little bit," Gleason said. "Its a fast game, so it looked like he was going kind of face toward the glass or body toward the glass, I guess you could say. It just took a little extra nudge." Leafs coach Randy Carlyle got a look at a replay during the first intermission but didnt have a chance to study it. At first glance, he said it looked like a "textbook" hit from behind. Reimer called it "just one of those tough plays." "I dont think he meant to dummy Range from behind," he said. "Just one of those quick plays in hockey where the puck was there, he kind of turned around and he kind of came with speed. I dont think anyone tries to injure another person or hurt someone like that. Its too bad." Ranger, who was dressed for the 48th game this season, has four goals and eight assists. The 29-year-old made his return to the NHL this season after leaving his last team, the Lightning, abruptly early in the 2009-10 season. Cheap Jerseys 2018 China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys China China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Przekierowanie